He's best known as Carlton Banks from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, he worked with Michael Jackson, and although he isn't Mormon he can sing and dance like one! Check out this vintage Mormon commercial starring Alfonso Ribeiro
Peace & Love,
Sista Beehive & Sista Laurel
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Is Carlton Banks a Mormon?
Thursday, May 13, 2010
21 comments

I can't tell you how many times I have been told that he is Mormon. It must be because of this commercial!
ReplyDeleteThat was AWESOME!!!!!!! I had never seen this commercial before, but now I will think of it every time I bust out my Carlton dance. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't remember the window commercial. And I never knew that people thought he might a Mormon. I always thought he was cute.
ReplyDeleteThat is CLASSIC! You gotta love Carlton Banks! I love the Old-School Commercials - keep 'em coming!
ReplyDeleteI have a friend who can do "the carlton" flawlessly! Too funny!
ReplyDeleteNever seen this before and couldnt take my eyes off of it. Im a big fan of Fresh Prince and who doesnt love Carlton. I would bet anything that Alfonso thought of the Carlton dance while hanging with Mormons. That dance has Mormon written all over it.
ReplyDeleteI'd never seen it, either. Very entertaining!
ReplyDelete=)
PS. Just have to share my word verification: wingwock. Wingwock?!
I remember those Mormon commercials I was always telling our Pastor we needed to do some some to keep up with the Mormons he'd say guess the Mormons are filling up the offerings basket at their church
ReplyDeletemy verification was hymeg, one letter off from me blushing
There are so many of these guys who aren't Mormon! Somebody should do something about that!
ReplyDeleteThe title of this entry alone was enough to lure me in.
ReplyDeleteI could swear that he picked up his dance moves from a stake dance.
Ha... I've never seen that video before. In fact, I've never seen this blog before, but it's super awesome. I will be back.
ReplyDeleteWow! I LOVE this website! Keep the posts coming!!
ReplyDeleteYour website is amazing! I just found it today.
ReplyDeleteHoping that mine will be just as funny!
- A beehive
www.mutualinsanity.blogspot.com
Oh my gosh, this is hilarious. I have never seen that commercial before but what was up with the operatic song!?!? LOL! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat was so weird.
ReplyDeleteAh man! That is hilarious! What an AWFUL commercial, the Church has certainly gotten better at making 'Mormon Ads' nowadays. I wonder if we'll look at the current ones and laugh a few years from now?
ReplyDeleteThis is the greatest ever!
ReplyDeleteThis one is a classic. I totally saw it for the first time in an institute class, and I will remember it forever.
ReplyDeleteI just put you on my blogroll. I love your site!
ReplyDeletehttp://classicmomscorner.blogspot.com/
I don't remember ever watching that, but that song was so familiar! Funny how things from our childhoods can stick!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing.
ReplyDelete